A SMS gateway is a telecommunications network facility or hardware for sending and receiving Short Message Service (SMS) transmissions to or from a telecommunication network that supports SMS.
8 ports modem is a modem hub that supports 8 SIM cards.
One way sms provide a bulk sms communication tool for broadcasting sms from the web.
MOBITEK® MobiGATETM enables you:-
- to send bulk SMS in Malaysia (MNP) & worldwide without the need to purchase any credit from us. Just insert any SIM cards to send out SMS.
- to send bulk SMS without the need to apply for license with MCMC (SKMM);
- to send 2 way SMS – broadcasting sms and receiving replies from your customers;
- start your own business as bulk SMS provider;
- you own the SMS gateway without any connection to 3rd party gateway;
MOBITEK® MobiGATETM is a SMS gateway having 8 ports modem and has these additional features and benefits:-
- allows your system (ERP, CRM, SCM) and software application (mobile commerce, e-commerce) to send and receive SMS;
- most reliable SMS gateway that is widely used in Malaysia, Philippines and Nigeria;
- reputable SMS gateway that is featured in Matrade’s Magazine “What’s New from Malaysia”.
- cost effective: there is no monthly charge
- broadcasting: all channels simultaneously sending out SMS;
- routing: use the lowest SMS rate to send out SMS;
- load balancing: speed-up the broadcast as work load is shared by all channels;
- fail-over: when 1st channel fails, 2nd channel will be used to send out SMS; reduce broadcast failure;
- data security: all messeanges and mobile numbers are stored in your local database and not with any 3rd party SMS gateway service provider;
- scalable: increase the units of MobiGATETM without changing a single line of code.
How To Send And Read SMS
Software application commuicates with MOBITEK® MobiGATETM via SQL statement
To send SMS:
Insert into Outbox (msg_id, message, destination) values (‘1’, ‘Hello!’, ‘+60172233111’)
To read SMS:
Select * from Inbox where read_status = ‘N’
- Colour: black
- Dimension: 1U
- Mobile Network: 2G and 3G
- Total No. of SIM card/modem: 8
- SIM Card Slot: Standard Size (credit card size) and Mini Size
- MOBITEK SMS Engine – Enterprise Edition
- Connectivity: USB or LAN
- MOBITEK® MobiGATETM Data sheet
- MOBITEK® MobiGATETM Quick Installation Guide
- MOBITEK® MobiGATETM Installation Guide
- corporate blog on SMS Gateway
Comparison Between MOBITEK MobiGATE and Short Code
|FEATURES||SMS Gateway using MobiGATE||SMS Gateway using Short Code|
|Asset||Tangible, all hardware and software belongs to client.||No tangible asset. Nothing belongs to client.|
|Ownership||Client owns the SMS Gateway.||Client does not own the SMS Gateway. The SMS Gateway is shared by all ASP’s clients.|
|Initial Cost||High as client purchase the right to own hardware and software. One time payment.||Instead of outright purchase, client pays service fee for service rendered. Service fee is monthly (or yearly) payable.|
|Internet Connection||Not required.||Required, if the internet is down, then SMS cannot be send.|
|SMS Number||Number depends on the SIM card used.
Client can request for a special number from operator, e.g. 018-8888888
|Speed of Sending SMS and Speed of Delivering SMS||Sending
The bottleneck is the GSM network which is 9.6kbps; speed is between 5 to 10 SMS per minute per SIM/channel.
For MobiGATE SG-8, 5 x 8 = 40 (to 80) SMS per minuteDelivering
Depends on the Internet speed which is 1Mpbs, about few thousands SMS per minuteDelivering
Not instant, because the provider of short code will route the SMS to GSM network operator located in overseas (e.g. India) before coming back to local SMS Centre
(Delivery report will show whether the SMS is received by the recipient or not)
Comparison Between MOBITEK MobiGATE
and GSM Modem Pool
|FEATURES||SMS Gateway using MobiGATE||4/8/16 Port GSM Modem Pool|
|Concurrent Sending of SMS||Yes||No|
|1 SIM card to 1 GSM Module||Yes||No, shared, even though there are 16 SIM cards, but there are only 4 modules|
all modems sharing the load
|Yes||No, using round-robin rule|
if modem fails to send out SMS, the message will be routed to 2nd modem
|Genuine Sierra Wireless Module||Yes||No|
|Support 64 bit||Yes||No|
|Rack Mountable||Yes, it is 1U||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: 2016-11-15
What is the speed of sending SMS using MOBITEK® MobiGATE?
The average speed is 8 x 10 = 80 SMS per minute.
Can MOBITEK® MobiGATE support 8 SIM cards and above?
Yes, MOBITEK® MobiGATE is scalable. Each unit support 8 SIM cards; for 16 SIM cards, then 2 units (8 x 2 = 16) are required.
Is MOBITEK® MobiGATE a modem pool?
Yes, and most important, it is a SMS Gateway.
What is a SMS Gateway?
SMS Gateway is an interface between software application and the SMS Centre of GSM network operator. The software application can be ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Accouting Software, Network Monitoring, etc. SMS Gateway handles large transaction of sending and reading of SMS.
How can my software application integrate with MOBITEK® MobiGATE?
SQL statement or API
In what situation is MOBITEK® MobiGATE used?
Mass broadcast mobile commerce with large volume of transaction (above 1,000 SMS per day);
To send SMS quickly.
For more information, please refer to corporate blog on SMS Gateway.