MOBITEK® SMS Engine Enterprise Edition is a SMS engine used by MOBITEK® MobiGATETM. System integrator and software developer (SI/SD) do not need to write any code to build a SMS Gateway. The MOBITEK® SMS Engine uses MS SQL Server or MySQL Server database to store incoming SMS, and to check if there is any pending SMS to be send out. SI/SD only needs to insert record into database to send out SMS, and retrieve record from database to read SMS. The MOBITEK® SMS Engine has taken care all SMS transactions.
- Auto-reconnection with modem.
- Uses Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Server.
- Prevention of any lost of SMS.
- Sending of SMS in alphanumeric character (text) and in Chinese character (Unicode).
- Support concatenating multiple-parts of SMS i.e. sending SMS longer than 160 characters.
- Intelligent SMS Sending Logic:-
- Scheduling of outgoing SMS – based on the date and time set in “datetime_schedule”
- Prioritization of outgoing SMS – earliest “datetime_schedule” will be send out, and all “datetime_schedule = null” will be last to send out
- FIFO – if there is neither scheduling nor prioritization, then “FIFO” rule will be applied – SMS Engine will process the 1st record in the outbox until the last record.
- Configure the direction of individual modem.
- Remote monitoring of SMS Engine Enterprise Edition Service.
- Load balancing. It is NOT on “round-robin” basis.
- Dynamic queue size – the Engine will dynamically allocate queue size, if more modems are successfully initialized then queue size will be increased.
- Configurable queue size – the queue size can be changed, default size is 8 SMS/records per modem.
- Routing – sophisticated and intelligent routing logic that can be easily configured.
- Number of retries – can be configured. If SMS fails to be send, it will retry until the specified time.
- Fail-over – if modem no.1 cannot send out the SMS, modem no. 2 will take over, etc.
- Supports multiple modems – up to 4 or more MOBITEK® Modem (Type SGDK) or multiple MOBITEK® MobiGATETM
How To Send SMS
To send out SMS in text mode, the SQL statement is:
Insert into Outbox (message, destination) values ('Hello!', '+60172233111')
To send out SMS having Chinese character, the SQL statement is:
Insert into Outbox (message, destination, msg_type) values ('你好', '+60172233111', 'U')
To out SMS in bulk:
Insert into Outbox (message, destination) values ('Hello!', '+60172233111'), ('Hello!', '+60172233112'), ('Hello!', '+60172233113'), ('Hello!', '+60172233114'), ('Hello!', '+60172233115');
To out SMS in bulk (MS SQL):
BULK INSERT Outbox FROM 'C:\\MSSQLTextFile.txt' WITH(FIELDTERMINATOR=',',ROWTERMINATOR='\n'
Contents of “MSSQLTextFile.txt”:-
,Hello!,,,+60172233111,,,,,,,, ,Hello!,,,+60172233112,,,,,,,, ,Hello!,,,+60172233113,,,,,,,, ,Hello!,,,+60172233114,,,,,,,, ,Hello!,,,+60172233115,,,,,,,,
To out SMS in bulk (MySQL):
LOAD DATA INFILE 'C:\\MySQLTextFile.txt' INTO Table Outbox FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';
Contents of “MySQLTextFile.txt”:-
,Hello!,,2015-12-17 09:33:29,+60172233111,P,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,T,NULL, ,Hello!,,2015-12-17 09:33:29,+60172233112,P,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,T,NULL, ,Hello!,,2015-12-17 09:33:29,+60172233113,P,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,T,NULL, ,Hello!,,2015-12-17 09:33:29,+60172233114,P,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,T,NULL, ,Hello!,,2015-12-17 09:33:29,+60172233115,P,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,T,NULL,
How To Read SMS
To read all new SMS
Select * from Inbox where read_status = 'N'
To change the status of new SMS to “read”
Update Inbox Set read_status = 'Read' Where Status = 'N' or Update Inbox Set read_status = 'Read' Where msg_id = 'ID of the message that SI/SD is processing'
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Windows Operating System:
- Windows XP Pro / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10; 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Server 64-bit 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Database server:-
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2000 / 2003 / 2008;
- Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2005;
- MySQL Server version 4.1 and above with MySQL ODBC Connector version 5.1; or
- Oracle 11g and above (special license is required)